I've made this recipe from Jamie Oliver's website a couple of times. It's really easy to make and very tasty. If you hover over the link and press open in new tab it will bring it up. I can reproduce it here but I think it might be a bit disingenuous.
My own tips
- I personally like to add some chopped dried apricots at the cooking stage and dust with some chopped almonds and dessicated coconut at the serving stage (just a bit). It gives it that 'Moroccan' feel. I also add a little finely chopped chilli (but not much!).
- Dry the lamb in paper towel before using it.
- Don't worry about it looking like there is too much liquid. A few people on the website have reduced the amount of liquid but seriously don't - it does reduce right down.
Cheats - I didn't have a live basil plant one time I made this so I used green pesto (quite oily but it worked).
For people just finding their feet with cooking, I don't know much but a few tips would be to always crush garlic with a crusher, rip or shred rather than cut fresh herbs, a sprig is not the same as a leaf and prepare your ingredients before cooking it as it makes it easier and reduces on the washing up (no washing machine here!). Experiment with different ingredients and just enjoy cooking, it's great fun.
In terms of wine to go with this - I drink anything and am not in the least a wine snob but I guess something a little dryer as my version is quite fruity. I usually drink sparkling water with nice food and then worry about wine later. Enjoy, I did and thanks to Jamie Oliver's website.

No comments:
Post a Comment