Friday, 3 June 2011

It'll be just like starting over ... new blog day one

I think one of the most rewarding things about having a blog when you first start blogging is messing about with the colours and the backgrounds and texts.  When I had my first blog I was constantly fiddling with it - changing the width, altering the hue and adding widget after pointless widget.  I also like looking at my blog and I sometimes like reading it.

Basically, the short story is - I had a blog before but because I don't read and most importantly don't read blogs, it wasn't very good and I quickly ran out of ideas.  My posts were dense, overly earnest and self indulgent.  I was too concerned with initiating and receiving comments.  I became restricted by the thought that people might read my blog and it became a chore.

I am going to leave my old blog and have started this one with the intention of it being lighter and better and to allow me to post thoughts, observations, music and photos which I would otherwise saturate facebook with.  Stuffed heid will be my receptacle for stuff.  My head needs to be lighter, I hope the journey is fun and I hope to stick with it.

No comments: