On the 8.41 to Aberdeen the other day there was even what looked like a group of happy workmates all travelling together to a conference. When I am in a good mood I tend to move seats so people can sit next to each other but if I am in a bad mood I tend to do the "I got there early, I never once took my eye off the board so I could see which platform it was on, I had my ticket (not my seat reservation) the right side up for the machine, I know that front train means the end of the platform and I sprinted to coach C to get a seat as that is where the unreserved seats are - you want a good seat, don't meander, don't take up valuable space at the ticket counter asking what train to get and what platform it leaves from, research it in advance like us regular train people do and don't be buying stuff from the trolley like us regular train people don't and biggest of all - don't but don't try to engage me in conversation on the 8.41 to Aberdeen, I am in the zone and don't want to be distracted from my sudoko by your frivolous and jolly chat or pleading glances under the pretence at looking out the window. If you do, I shall either clean my headphones out in front of you, fall asleep on you or spend the journey plucking my eyebrows in front of you. You are warned."I like to steadily accumulate rubbish in my laptop bag for the bins in the trains. It's not as if I don't have a bin or several in fact but I like to think that people will be watching me admiringly thinking, "isn't that lady so very conscientious, taking all her rubbish to the little train bins." Yes, I am conscientious.
I decided that The Metro sudoko puzzles weren't meeting my needs anymore and I saw a bumper pack with two pens and 1 pencil with a rubber on it for £4. I have to buy this I thought to myself! So I did. I ran to coach C (COACH C PEOPLE) and ripped open my puzzle collection to discover that there was not one sudoko puzzle in it. Not one. Dispirited and appalled I am relegated to tutting at potential chatters and fingering my tweezers warningly whilst doing word searches (albeit with a snazzy purple pen which I might have paid £4 for if I was drunk). Word searches I ask you.
1 comment:
LOL I think you should carry coloring books and crayons with you like the kids! Are we talking about an actual "train" train here, & not the subway/underground? How long are you on the thing?
As much as I know public transportation is a good thing, I'm very glad that it is not even an option for me! For some of the same reasons as you, & because of the creepy old men who watch you sometimes, & I have a fear of getting on the wrong bus/train. I hate subways cuz I worry that so many people will be getting off at my stop that I will not be able to get out in the allotted amt. of time and will be stuck in a strange place by myself...essentially lost, possibly forever. ...maybe I exaggerate.
Post a Comment