Saturday, 25 February 2012

I am wonky - that is why my photos are crap


 
Took a bunch of photos today.  It was a sunny if cool day and a clear if drunk men encumbered night.  I notice I am being more cautious - centring objects and trying to block out things I will need to shop out later as they are in the way.  I have however noticed that all my photos need straightened when I upload them.  I have come to the conclusion that I must have one leg shorter than the other or I always stand in a lopsided pose when taking photos.

Anyway, the other thing I noticed today and I really like is the camaraderie of photographers.  I am aware of the polite nod, the contemptuous or envious glance at your equipment (I did both today to my shame) and occasionally the odd bit of advice.  To the man in the flat cap by Bell's Bridge today in Glasgow who told me to walk a little further along for better shots, sir, you temporarily restored my faith in people.  Thank you.


 Tried to go on a night time photo shoot but kept running into drunk young men and I feel bad about saying it, but I felt uncomfortable.  However, did take a bunch of shots of a building I don't know opposite the gala casino on the Broomielaw.  When I got home I had a good fiddle about with changing the composition and exposure and whilst it was fun, I can now safely say that I know less about digital photography than I thought I did before I woke up this morning.  Still, today was a fairly good day.

Apart from, and I forgot about this, somebody has got rid of the spider webs on Glasgow Bridge!  I thought I can at least photograph them tonight and they have gone :-(  They were beautiful as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Handbags HermesHermes Belts mjhe hermes beltshermes bags owjr