Thursday, 11 August 2011

Things that are annoying but shouldn't really be

signs Smileys

You know how it is sometimes when you are having an especially bad day or are feeling a little tense and something happens or you do something that is really annoying and then you calm down a little bit and you work out that it is really such a silly thing to have been annoyed about?  It happens to me all the time at the moment.

Such little things,

A bag of frozen peas splitting open cascading their contents all over the kitchen floor and into irretrievable nooks and crannies.  I don't ever have peas for breakfast or lunch so this might happen quite late at night and you can't see the peas but by the time you come to hoover the next day the peas have defrosted and squish all over the floor and the hoover won't pick them up.

Not being able to find the remote control.  Really for anything but mostly for the TV.  Years ago we used to get up to change the channel or turn the volume up or down.  I don't even think my current television has that option.

Related but slightly different.  The volume on  Sky Anytime is louder than the volume of normal Sky.  So you settle in to watch something on Sky Anytime and put your TV remote somewhere and there the woman is blasting that there ARE LOTS OF GREAT MOVIES COMING UP.  I go to turn her down and I have lost the remote.

People procrastinating in shops or when buying train tickets.  That really winds me up!  I have timed my journey exactly to the second and have taken no account (my fault perhaps) of somebody either renewing a rail card or dithering about where they are going or with their change. I usually storm off to the ticket dispensing machine.  I have a lot of change but none of it seems to work in the ticket dispensing machine.  Why the sodding blazes not?  What the heck is wrong with my change?  Then by the time I have got the right change to work in the machine, the ticket queue I left has now passed the person who was behind me when I stormed off and I have missed my train.

One for people who smoke your own roll ups.  You have saved a tiny bit of tobacco for the next morning because you either don't have a 24 hour shop or you can't be bothered going.  You assemble your precious tobacco on your cigarette paper and then you sneeze or blow out too hard or whilst rolling the paper rips or your fingers slip - all of which leaves you with a little pile of tobacco on the floor.  Or you tobacco pouch falls out of your bag or falls upside down in your bag.  This happened to me once at a job interview in a room with particularly shaggy carpets.  It was the early 1990s but it was three women all with shoulder pads and Dynasty hair cuts.  They stared unamused at me picking my tobacco out of the shag.  It was a crap job and I should have known from the interview.  Another one for people who smoke your own but don't use filter tips.  That little bit of torn up Rizla card that gets left protruding out of your mouth after you have taken a draw, usually when you are in the middle of making a very, very good point about something.

When you are in a rush to get in somewhere and you are fiddling with your keys and drop them and then you can't find the right key in time.  This usually happens when I am trying to avoid talking to my neighbours.


A few more
  • envelopes that don't stick
  • Phil Thompson and Jeff Stelling shouting on Sky Sports and people shouting in general
  • people on facebook who tag you in a virus photo
  • things that squirt stuff on you like milk cartons or little packets of sauce
  • amateur poetry (but not amateur blogging :-)
  • cans that won't open because the tin opener is broken but you really want what is in the tin
  • corks that break when you really want a glass of wine and you are forced to take a hammer to the bottle and sift out the glass
  • people who take photos of people without asking 
  • people who say, "cheer up, it might never happen" when you feel like your life is falling apart 
  • people who stop dead in the street when you are walking behind them
  • drunk people on trains who are keen to socialise 
  • the smell of yoghurt 
  • Kyle Lafferty 
  • people who use text speak in facebook updates and you can't fathom what they are saying 
  • margarine tubs that fall out of the fridge or your hands and the lid falls margarine side down 
  • things that are falling and you are too late to catch them
  • getting old and falling to bits
  • stomach ache
  • those lyrics you recognise but can't place and you don't have enough information for You Tube
  • Wikipedia inaccuracies 
  • when your favourite shoes become too knackered to wear
  • clothes that no longer fit or have turned grey
  • menstruating at inconvenient times
  • the sound of rain when you can't sleep
  • not being able to sleep
  • the excruciating dumbed down journalism and unrelenting bias and banality of Fox News

Freaking annoying all ...

Tomorrow's post will possibly be about reflections on the civil unrest in England and other parts of the UK or I may just find other things that make me really, really mad.  I'm not good just now.  Need to vent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyle Lafferty :-)

Jo said...

that hair! and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iUDg6JEo0&feature=related :-(

dragonsong86 said...

I love that the smell of yogurt is in there. so random. lol

Jo said...

it is just so yuck!